Vietnam Local Capacity Development
Position Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded Vietnam Local Capacity Development Activity is a five-year activity with the overall goal to support the capacity of and engagement between local governments and organizations and improve linkages with the national government on local priority issues, leading to more transparent and effective policymaking and policy implementation processes, and better delivery of services to Vietnamese citizens, particularly marginalized or underrepresented groups.?
Creative is seeking a Procurement Officer for an anticipated USAID-funded education project in Hanoi, Vietnam. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes to ensure compliance with Creative policy and procedures, tracking procurement of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation, and coordinating with Creative HQ Procurement. In addition, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for working with the Senior Operations Manager and other team members to support logistics as needed to ensure smooth project implementation and operations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Logistics and Procurement Officer will report to the Senior Operations Manager, with a dotted line relationship to Creative HQ Procurement.
- Establish, lead, and implement procurement processes and logistics to support activity implementation for the project, strictly following all rules and regulations including:
- Creative Procurement policies and procedures
- item 1
- item 2
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive)
- Local Vietnamese law
- Coordinate with other members of the operations and technical teams.
- Work with Project Technical team to prepare the annual Project Procurement Plan to maximize efficiency and coordination in the procurement of goods and services.
- Conduct market research for each type of procurement and maintain a database of vendors and items commonly needed by the project.
- Determine the most reasonable and expeditious process for procurement in compliance with Creative policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
- Prepare and issue solicitation documents based on approved requisition received.
- Provide clarifications to all vendors when required and prepare and issue solicitation modifications when applicable.
- Ensure confidentiality throughout procurement and vendor selection process.
- Facilitate the evaluation process for each solicitation according to Creative’s procurement policy.
- Ensure proper documentation of the selection of vendors using Creative’s official templates.
- Lead negotiations with vendors
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders or Sub-Contracts
- Draft, negotiate, and manage Short-term Technical Assistance Consultancy Agreements, Fixed Price Service Agreements, and subcontracts.
- Verify quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or Project ensuring proper documentation of the delivery.
- Process payment for vendors verifying invoices are consistent with Purchases Orders.
- Review all payment requests for ongoing subcontracts and make sure that all the required forms are appropriately and consistently filled out and requested before being submitted to finance.
- Ensure procurement files comply with Creative’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare procurement reports monthly.
- Facilitate customs clearances for project property.
- Coordinate transportation and delivery of procurement and inventory.?
- Conduct and update inventory database of the office monthly.?
- Oversee logistics, events management, and transportation in accordance with project needs, policies, and procedures. ??
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or procurement; master’s degree preferred;
- At least four (4) years of management experience with project implementation, managing logistics and procurement, preferably in Vietnam; minimum of three years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of USAID regulations and procedures pertaining to acquisitions;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English required
Deadline for application: Jan 23, 2024
Email to receive application: MeganM@creativedc.com
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.