Position Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded Vietnam Local Capacity Development Activity is a five-year activity with the overall goal to support the capacity of and engagement between local governments and organizations and improve linkages with the national government on local priority issues, leading to more transparent and effective policymaking and policy implementation processes, and better delivery of services to Vietnamese citizens, particularly marginalized or underrepresented groups.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Reporting: The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Manager.
- Manages day to day finance operations, including implementing Creative and USAID policies, procedures and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising with bank on all banking issues.
- Completes donor financial reporting, track spending, and supports the Finance Manager.
- Provides updated monthly cost reports and draft quarterly financial reports and monthly ad hoc reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information.
- Manages the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from the regional offices; and the transfer of project funds from the central account to field accounts.
- Works closely with the home office in Washington, DC to ensure timely reconciliation of monthly expense reports and respond to any inquiries they may have.
- Works closely with state accounts to complete the monthly closing of books.
- Checks the payments submitted by sub-grantees and vendors daily.
- Bachelors’ degree or professional qualifications in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- Minimum four years of experience supporting finance and administrative activities for USAID-funded programs or donors of similar size and complexity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and effective application of USAID regulations and procedures.
- Experience with USAID program finances and budgeting or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies.
- Understanding of budget and cost control management is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in English (a plus). Competency in quantitative data analysis, with knowledge of software programs such as SPSS and/or Stata (a plus).
Deadline for application: Jan 23, 2024
Email to receive application: MeganM@creativedc.com
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.