Provision of Rehabilitation Services for People with Disabilities
The International Center (formerly known as Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation -VVAF) is a humanitarian organization that has addressed the consequences of war through advocacy and service programs in Vietnam for the last three decades. As a co-founder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, IC-VVAF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997. The International Center (IC) now focuses on disability support, landmine removal, and mental health programs.
Under the financial support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), IC is implementing a Disability Inclusion Project IIb for Binh Dinh and Kon Tum provinces as a sub-implementing partner for this project. IC is responsible for implementing the Objective One of the project which is to expand the rehabilitation services to contribute to the Goal “which is to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities in provinces heavily sprayed with Agent Orange, namely Binh Dinh and Kon Tum”.
Three expected results include:
- Ensured accessibility and quality of multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services
- Improved rehabilitation system for the provinces
- Improved Governance of the rehabilitation service system
In order to achieve the objectives mentioned above, a wide range of activities will be implemented in the two project provinces as well as at the central level. Rehabilitation service provision is implemented following the relevant steps to service delivery, this includes need assessment and prescription, service provision, and outcome measurement. These steps in service delivery are required in order to ensure that people with mobility disabilities receive appropriate and quality holistic rehab service.
To supplement the effort of the Government to provide rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in the provinces, IC’s project plans on identifying private service providers that can support and provide comprehensive rehab services to persons with disabilities including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and non-construction-based home modifications to persons with disabilities, leading to improve functions of daily living activities for persons with disabilities in Binh Dinh and Kon Tum provinces.
IC is looking for individuals/firms to provide multidisciplinary rehab services. Selected providers will have chance to participate in the training on multidisciplinary rehabilitation service provision organized by IC prior to the delivery of the rehab service, as part of the capacity building for the local private service providers in the areas of multidisciplinary rehab services.
2. SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLES
The qualified individuals/ firms will carry out the following services:
Scope of work:
- Provide multidisciplinary rehab services for persons with disabilities in the selected project sites in Binh Dinh and KonTum provinces, including, but not limited to, need assessment, individual intervention plans development, intervention services provision following the intervention plans, and outcome measurement for people with disabilities in Binh Dinh and Kon Tum provinces.
- Provide services to non-construction home modification of persons with disabilities based on the need assessments;
- Comply with the project’s procedures and instructions for providing rehabilitation services for people with disabilities in the assigned area.
- List of persons with disabilities achieved/not achieved rehabilitation goals;
- List of persons with disabilities improved their functions in activities of daily living, assessment results showing improvements;
- Medical records with detailed information about interventions, process and results noted down in medical record of each person;
- Devices handover minutes collected and given to commune health stations managing the persons with disabilities;
- Photos and video of the last session taken showing the improvement after the intervention;
- A report summarizing the results of the intervention, pros and cons, and suggestions and recommendations, if needed (with the firm).
3. SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and Experience Required:
– For the firm: experience in providing multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in the localities. Working with USAID projects is an advantage.
– For individuals:
- A degree in Rehabilitation is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in Rehabilitation service provision and at least 2 years of experience in applying FIM in need assessment for rehabilitation services
- Minimum two years of relevant experience for persons with disabilities
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholders is an asset.
- Teamwork, professionalism, flexibility, and an understanding of working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Having dedication and ability to learn, to work independently and in groups, high sense of responsibility.
- Willing to accept high frequency of business travel in project provinces in Vietnam.
- Understand the local context and partnership.
4. SUPERVISION AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The consultants will work under the direct supervision and evaluation of Program Directors and Project Officers.
5. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Individual(s)/firms interested in this mission are invited to submit your applications, either by email (to email@example.com ) or by post (to The International Center, Room 103, B3 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam).
Please state “Application for the ………….” in the subject line or on the envelope. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should include:
- Expression of Interest (including work plan and estimated budget);
- CVs demonstrating relevant capacity and experience
Deadline for submission: 12 January 2024.