Providing technical supervision and evaluating the outcome measurement and effectiveness of
rehabilitation intervention services
The International Center (formerly known as Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation -VVAF) is a humanitarian organization that has addressed the consequences of war through advocacy and service programs in Vietnam for the last three decades. As a cofounder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, IC-VVAF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997. Now the International Center (IC) focuses on disability support, landmine removal, and mental health programs.
Under the financial support of United States Agency for International Development (USAID), IC is implementing a Disability Inclusion Project IIb for Binh Dinh and Kon Tum provinces as a sub-implementing partner for this project. IC is responsible for implementing the Objective One of the projects which is to expand the rehabilitation services to contribute to the Goal “which is to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities in provinces heavily sprayed with Agent Orange, namely Binh Dinh and Kon Tum”.
Three expected results include:
- Ensured accessibility and quality of multi-disciplinary rehabilitation services
- Improved rehabilitation system for the provinces
- Improved Governance of rehabilitation service system
To achieve the expected result (i), IC seeks qualified experts to provide technical supervision and evaluate the outcome measurement and effectiveness of rehabilitation intervention services for people with disabilities in Kon Tum province and advise on adjusting the intervention objectives/methods if needed.
2. JOB DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
The consultant will work directly with the Chief of Party (CoP) and other Project staff to ensure the quality of the deliverables. Key activities are listed in the following detailed activities:
- Supervise and evaluate the outcome measurement and effectiveness of rehabilitation intervention services for people with disabilities (both in-patients and out-patients) based on the intervention objectives and plans, as well as ensure that persons with disabilities have received the most convenient, quality, and affordable rehabilitation service that serves to improve their activities daily living (ADL).
- Provide recommendations/ solutions aiming to improve the effectiveness of conducting holistic rehabilitation services for people with disabilities and advice on the adjustment of the intervention objectives/methods if needed.
3. SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLES
a) Supervise and evaluate the outcome measurement and effectiveness of rehabilitation intervention services for people with disabilities:
Develop supervision and evaluation checklist for outcome measurement of rehabilitation intervention services.
A supervision and evaluation checklist
Jan – Feb, 2024
Conduct supervision and evaluation plans for outcome measurement of rehabilitation intervention services (both in-patients and out-patients).
A report of supervision and evaluation plans for outcome measurement of rehabilitation intervention services (both in-patients and out-patients).
Jan – Dec, 2024
b) Provide recommendations/ solutions:
Provide recommendations/ solutions aiming to improve the effectiveness of conducting holistic rehabilitation services for people with disabilities and advice on the adjustment of the intervention objectives/methods if needed
A report with recommendations/ solutions
Jan – Dec, 2024
4. TRAVEL AND FINANCES
Travel costs will be provided or reimbursed to the consultant, and per-diem allowances will be provided or reimbursed to the consultant for days travelled.
5. SUPERVISION AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The consultant will work under the direct supervision and evaluation of the COP of IC.
6. SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Rehabilitation is essential; Post graduate degree in rehabilitation is an advantage.
- At least 15 years of experience in Rehabilitation service and/ or the field of disability.
- At least 10 years of experience in prescription and intervention for people with disabilities both in community and in health facilities
- Experiences in conducting training
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholders is an asset.
- Teamwork, professionalism, flexibility, and an understanding of working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Having dedication and ability to learn, to work independently and in groups, high sense of responsibility.
- Willing to accept high frequency of business travel in project provinces in Vietnam.
Terms and Conditions
- Payments will be set and made based on the actual number of days spent on each agreed task and pay will be done every month based on the monthly timesheet with deliverables within agreed timeframes.
- Travel costs will be provided or reimbursed to the consultant, and per-diem allowances will be provided or reimbursed to the consultant for days traveled.
7. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Individual(s)/firms interested in this mission are invited to submit your applications, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by post (to The International Center, R.103, B3 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam).
Please state “Application for the ………….” in the subject line or on the envelope. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should include:
- Expression of Interest (including workplan and estimated budget);
- CVs demonstrating relevant capacity and experience
Deadline for submission: 12 January 2024.
For further information, please contact: Ms. Hua Thi Thu Len – Receptionist Tel: (84-24) 3733 9444, ext.: 9. Email: email@example.com